Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Conveyancing

So here we are again. Four more working days to Christmas and still trying to do simultaneous exchanges and completions so the beloved clients can "be in by Christmas". This annual scenario with its attendant stress levels is the reason most people think I'm a miserable bastard every Christmas. This annual extravaganza drains me to such an extent that I function much like a zombie during the holiday and I find I am barely refreshed when we return to the fray in the new year.

So, what will next year bring and what (if any) resolutions will I make so far as my practice is concerned. Well, I doubt I will think of any major changes to the way we turn out the work but then, of course, we have the prospect of HIPS to look forward to in the summer and the ever approaching adoption of e-conveyancing by the Land Registry. On balance I will probably concentrate on finding my ideal retirement home in Dorset and try to convince my senior assistants that they would be well served by joining me in partnership and then allowing me to retire. I can't wait.

Happy Holidays.

No comments: